What are the benefits of these new dosing pumps?
The recently released Dura 5 and Dura 7 HPLV dosing pumps from Verderflex have caused quite a stir, with their many benefits making them a valuable addition to the industry. With a quick look at the specs it's easy to see what all the buzz is about; check out what you can enjoy below!
- Mixture of high pressure and low volume dosing: in a way never seen before. The Dura 5 and Dura 7 are capable of 5 or 8 bar sub-litre per hour flows, using a rugged hose pump format
- Abrasive-free: abrasion from lime chemicals or Kalkmilch is quite common, but not with the Dura 5 and 7 models. They've been designed with Verderflex's famous peristaltic pumps, which are known for their ability to pump lime without needing a valve, thus reducing abrasion
- Less chemical usage: these same peristaltic pumps work to significantly reduce chemical usage, largely thanks to their gentle, low shear pumping action. Not only is this a better result for the environment, it cuts down on costs, too!
- Better pumping of off gassing liquids: sodium hypochlorite is a chemical used to disinfect drinking water and prevent bacteria from contaminating food. When it is pumped, it turns into a gas which is locked in the diaphragm pump's chamber
- Resistant to crystallisation: Another common problem of dosing pumps is the way reagents crystallise whenever the flow of chemicals is interrupted. This means the performance of the pump is significantly affected in a negative way. With the abrasive-free Dura 5 and Dura 7, though, crystallisation is a thing of the past!
- Say goodbye to clogging costs: viscous liquids can take quite a toll on pumps, causing them to clog up and affect performance. The Dura 5 and Dura 7 have been designed with re-enforced hoses, with incredible suction power that ensures no clogging occurs. On the off chance that clogging does start to occur, the reversible function will be to the rescue!
- Advanced dry priming: used to the standard 5 metre wet-primed lifts you usually get with diaphragm pumps? Try 9.5 metres with the Dura 5 or 7!
- No need to re-tension tubes: save money and time thanks to the long life heavy duty hoses installed in the Dura 5 and 7 models, which never require re-tensioning
- No dry running issues: the hoses used in the Dura 5 and Dura 7 are lubricated on the inside and outside to ensure dry running never occurs, including when facilitating lower flow rates
- Impeccable liquid delivery: you don't need to worry about the performance of your dosing pump going downhill; the Dura 5 and 7 have been created to make sure they keep their accuracy and stable pressure for a long time to come
- No ancillary equipment needed: say goodbye to all that extra ancillary equipment and hello to the brilliance of fixed occlusion rotors
- Premium secondary containment: not only is the pumped liquid flowing through your Dura 5 of Dura 7 pump contained safely within the high pressure hose, it's protected further within a pump casing
- Premium pumping of viscous liquids: capable of pumping up to 1000 CPS liquids and higher, thanks to re-enforced hoses
- High margin of safety and secure clamping: you don't need to worry about your hoses bursting or crimping; the re-enforced hose and high pressure compression taper fit clamping system of the Dura 5 and 7 have a capacity of burst pressure higher than 80 bar (1150 PSI)
- Simplistic maintenance: with other models, things get complicated by the liquid coming into contact with many different parts of the pump. The Dura 5 and 7 has been designed to avoid this, with only the easily detachable hose ever coming into contact with the pumped liquid
- Simplistic user controls: Verderflex has stripped things back to basics with the incredibly easy to use user controls of the Dura 5 and Dura 7
- Scalable performance: why improve on perfection? The Dura 5 and 7 come with the same casing and mounting frames that were perfected in the Dura 10 model